Sunday, March 23, 2008

As Delayed as It Is...

HAPPY PERSIAN NEW YEAR!!!

*سال نو مبارك*

This is the first "Persian New Year" for me out of Iran. To get nostalgic is the least I can do! I am planning to travel back to Iran next year this time, inshallah. It's always the best time to take a trip to Tehran, to mingle with the shoppers and excited people and the smell of the new year and the laughter of kids.

PS. I discovered a tea here, Twinings "Jasmine Green Tea" ... it smells like my grandmother's hair, when she was alive and I was a 12-year-old kid, and the sparrows were chirping on the persimmon tree in the middle of the yard when spring was around the corner. I would pick up the lilacs and put them in granny's hair as she was singing to me, "be kas kasoonesh nemidam, be hame kasoonesh nemidam ... " [I will not let her get married just to anybody...] All grandmothers think that their granddaughters are waiting for a prince to come. Nobody thinks of me like that now, and nobody sings a song to me like that, to make me feel I am the only desirable woman in the world.

Well... My prince finally came anyway.

1 comment:

sepideh said...

hello dear tina
i hope you will come to iran and we will meet you ;inshala

your student
seideh